NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
LOUISA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
The Louisa County Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing on the following items at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, March 6, 2017, in the Louisa County Public Meeting Room, Main Floor, Louisa County Office Building, Louisa, Virginia:
Public Hearing - SEP01-17; Gary Dale & Kathleen A. Stone., Applicant/Owner
Gary Dale & Kathleen A. Stone., Applicant/Owner requests the issuance of a Special Exception, in accordance with Section 86-27 Special Exceptions, from the provisions of Section 86-108 Setback regulations to allow for a 12.5 foot setback where 25 feet is required (12.5 foot exception). This special exception is requested to allow an existing deck structure to remain where constructed in approximately 2005. The property is located at 237 Bernie Circle and is further identified as tax map parcel 30G-2-91, in the Cuckoo Magisterial and Voting District. This special exception may be subject to conditions set by the Board of Supervisors to ensure that the request will not be detrimental to the health, safety and general welfare of the public and be in conformance with the intent and purpose of the zoning ordinance.
Public Hearing - CUP2016-08, CPA2016-01; Belcher Solar LLC, Applicant; Matthew Meares, Agent; Boyd Cash LLC, Owner - Comprehensive Plan Amendment, Determination of Substantial Conformance with the 2012 Comprehensive Plan and Conditional Use Permit Requests
Belcher Solar LLC, Applicant; Matthew Meares, Agent; Boyd Cash LLC, Owner requests the following:
1. Amendment to the 2012 Comprehensive Plan to specifically identify where “major utility services” including solar electrical generation facilities may be located.
2. Determination that the proposed utility service, major is substantially in accord with the 2012 Comprehensive Plan, as amended.
3. Issuance of a conditional use permit for a utility service, major in accordance with Section 86-64.3 Permitted uses - With conditional use permit in the Agricultural (A-2) zoning district.
The property is located southwest from the intersection of Route 632 (Waldrop Church Road) and Route 740 (Desper Road). The property is further identified as an approximate 1304.52 acres of tax map parcels 39-13-6, 39-61, 39-62, 39-63, 39-64, 39-65, 39-67, 40-35, 40-36, 40-37, 40-38, 40-39, 40-41, 40-44, 40-46, 55-87, 55-95, 40-118, 40-119, 40-120, 56-2, 56-3, 55-98, in the Patrick Henry Voting District. The 2012 Comprehensive Plan currently designates this area of Louisa County partially as Agricultural/Very Low Density Residential and partially within the Town of Louisa Growth Area as Low Density Residential.
Public Hearing - Amendments to the Louisa County Zoning Ordinance, Chapter 86, Article VIII. Agricultural and Forestal Districts
· Amend Section 86-461. Creation - Generally to add (c) All new district and district addition applications shall include review for conformation with the most current Louisa County Comprehensive Plan.
· Add Section 86-461.1 Program Administrator to designate the Director of Community Development or designee as program administrator.
· Amend Section 86-464 Districts Described
· To update and correct the existing approved districts and to remove the property owners name.
Public Hearing - Amendments to the Louisa County Zoning Ordinance, Chapter 86, Article XI. Review of Conservation Easements for Comprehensive Plan Conformance
· Add Section 86-510. Conservation Easement Review and Approval Process to outline the process for review of a proposed conservation easement for conformance with the Louisa County Comprehensive Plan.
BY ORDER OF:
TROY J. WADE, CHAIRMAN
LOUISA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
LOUISA COUNTY, VIRGINIA